Help families focus on what matters most
RMHC Midwest | MN, WI, IA provides nutritional support to families in the form of groceries and meals. These programs are some of the most loved by our families. With your help, we are not only able to provide a nutritious meal, but it is one less thing for families to worry about.
We need your help! There are three ways you can support the House Dinner program:
Volunteer your group
The House Dinner program is an opportunity for volunteer groups to plan and serve a healthy, balanced meal for our guest families. This opportunity serves as an excellent way to volunteer, bond with your group, and support our mission!
House Dinner Volunteer Requirements
- Lead group member must complete the House Dinner Agreement Form on behalf of the group and share information and expectations with the group, so all are informed.
- Due to safety, size of the kitchen, the desire for all volunteers to have an involved role, and to not overwhelm children and families, the maximum number of volunteers for a House Dinner is 12.
- All volunteers must be 10 years of age or older to participate.
- For youth ages 10-12, we require adult supervision with one adult for every two youth.
- For teens ages 13-15, we require adult supervision with one adult for every four teens.
- All food must be prepared, cooked, and assembled on-site in the House kitchen, catered in from a local restaurant, or prepared in a commercial kitchen and transported properly. No homemade items are allowed to be served.
Sponsor a meal
Having a hot meal after a long day can make such a difference for families during the critical care of a child. If you are not able to donate your time, you can still make a difference to this critical part of our mission. Please click here to donate for nutritional assistance.